Setting up a Championship
- The commissioner must create a Friends Mode league before setting up a Championship in that league.
- To set up a Championship, the commissioner selects the Championship size (number of participants) and one-time entry fee.
- Once created, a Championships settings cannot be edited. The commissioner can cancel the Championship up until the moment it fills.
- If the Championship is canceled by the commissioner, he/she can create a new Championship in the same league with different settings.
- A Championship for NFL can be created at any time prior to the divisional playoff round.
Entering a Championship
- Once the commissioner creates a Championship, league members can enter by paying the designated one-time entry fee.
- After entering a Championship, participants may cancel their entry, and have their entry fees refunded, at any time until the Championship fills.
- A Championship fills when it reaches the selected number of participants. At this point, the Championship is considered locked, the Championship or its entries may not be canceled, and the entry fees may not be refunded.
- If a Championship does not fill by the time the first Championship would start, the prize money that had been allocated to that contest will be added to the Championship grand prize. This reallocation will repeat, and the grand prize will grow, each week until the Championship is full.
Playing in a Championship
- Once the Championship is locked, the first Championship contest will be auto-created for the next available "Main Slate"
- Each week, Championship participants must set a lineup in order to participate in that week's contest. Contests open Wednesday at noon ET.
- If a Championship participant does not set a lineup for an individual contest, he/she will receive no score for that contest. If a participants does not set a lineup for any contests throughout the duration of the Championship, he/she will receive no total score at the end of the season and will be ranked below any participant that had set a lineup for at least one contest.
- A Championship for NFL will last from the week of the first contest played in that Championship through the week of the NFL conference championship games.
- If a Championship contest is postponed or canceled for any reason (e.g. fewer than two participants enter lineups in a Championship contest, or a slate is canceled at FanDuel's discretion), the prize money allocated to that week will be added to the Championship grand prize. No points or prizes will be awarded to any participants for the canceled contest.
Prizes & Championship Leaderboard
- All Championship contests will follow FanDuel's standard rules & scoring (available here).
- The commissioner can select from the following leaderboard options: total score throughout the Championship, top five (or ten) scores throughout the Championship, and total first place contest wins.
- If multiple participants tie for first place (highest standing on the Championship leaderboard) at the conclusion of the Championship, the participant with the highest individual contest score amongst the tied participants will be deemed the winner. If multiple tied participants have the same highest individual contest score, the Championship grand prize will be split between them.
- The weekly contest prize will be awarded to the participant who finishes in first place in a given weekly contest. If multiple participants tie for first in a given weekly contest, the weekly contest prize will be split amongst them.
- If a Championship participant's account is suspended or disabled, the Championship will continue to run, and the participant will be unable to set lineups for further contests until his/her account is reactivated. Entry fees will not be refunded.
- The Championship will follow FanDuel's general slate cancellation rules. If a slate is canceled, prizes for a contest in that slate will be allocated to the Championship grand prize.